Sunday, January 8, 2012

Always Throw Salt

Over your left shoulder. Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Plant lavender for luck. And fall in love whenever you can.

I absolutely love my new journal! I've already got the first two little pages done. I'm trying to let myself LIVE in my journal like Debra from "A Little Imagination and a Pile of Junk" once wrote.

I always fail at journaling because little quirks that I stupidly consider as imperfections then rile me and cause me to quit. But a journal can't be perfect because it's a record of a life and life isn't perfect. So this is my motto. I WILL finish this journal! And I know that the things I won't like about what I write or draw or glue in it now will be what I really love looking back through it years from now.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great start. keep it going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marian! I am already having so much fun. I think I've finally found the type of journal that doesn't put any pressure on me to be perfect because its construction itself in so wonderfully haphazard that continuing on that path only seems right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record...You are perfect!

    ReplyDelete